Sunday, January 5, 2020

My Ever Changing Craft Room

Pin It

Hey guys! Yep.. If you follow me at all you know how scattered I get sometimes. The last post I made I had just started setting up my new craft room. I was so excited to get going again. I totally made tons of signs. Then.. something happened. I got engaged!!! <<<insert music and happy dance here>>>  I have gotten engaged to my very best friend. He is quite amazing. Within a week of our engagement I had someone reach out to me and make an unsolicited cash offer on my house. So... long story short... my new craft room I just set up... is now my old craft room. I've moved. Currently I have a closet. Oh... yes! Don't think that the irony of that has been lost. I'm back in a closet. LOL!!!

Here's a look at what I started with....






Yep.... your observation is totally right. It's WAYYYYYY smaller than my previous closet.








Oh... and yeah... I do have this small side here too. My previous closet was at least a walk in. YIKES!!!!












Ok... so to make it even more interesting... this is in the garage. So it's not temper controlled like the rest of the house. It does stay pretty decent. But it's December... so right now I have to have a small space heater.

Here's my finished space.



So yeah... I don't have a place to sit. I set up a table in the garage or haul everything into the kitchen which is on a different level of the house.



UPDATE!!!! Today is Sunday, January 5th 2020. Everything that you've read above... was from last year. It was actually January of 2019. Yes... you read that right. It was a year ago.

Let me back up a bit. Remember that guy I mentioned....??? The very best friend that I got engaged to? Well... we got married! Shortly after getting my new "closet" set up we had everything planned out. We had set a date for the wedding and we were going to add on to the house to include an extra bedroom and... a CRAFT ROOM! Well... not just a craft room. A complete shop (That's a whole other story for another time).

The wedding was set for May 2019. March came and we met with contractors for the addition. We picked our contractor and had a final meeting with him. We had a few decisions to make and a permit we were waiting on. That's when my friend said... "Hey... have you started on your addition yet? Let me make you a deal. Buy my house instead." I laughed! And my husband to be (at the time) said "Heck NO!!!"

Long story short... a week later we made an offer on her house, it was accepted and we closed. We met with a realtor to sell the house we were living in. But.... my husband to be had to go out of town for two weeks. We were going to list the house when he got back. My friend Nancy says... "Just put it on Zillow. You can sell it yourself". While he was gone... not only did I list it on Zillow... but I found a buyer. His second day home from his trip we showed the house and they made an offer. We accepted. It was mid April. Not only did we close on that house.... we went ahead and moved. IN APRIL!!!! It was a whirlwind. We wanted to be moved in the new house before the wedding. We did it!!!!

 We got married.....

Went on our honeymooon!




And now.... we are living happily ever after!!!

So.... I ramble. You probably guessed that by now. All this to tell you... I've got a new craft room!!! LOL

The house we bought is amazing. It truly is my dream home. It's in a place I always wanted to live. Everyone has their own space. I have an amazing shop. And.... I have a place for my "craft room" that is NOT a closet. Does that mean I need to change my name? My Cricut Closet may not be quite appropriate anymore. :)

Watch for my next post so that I can take you on the journey of how things are going. 2019 was quite a year.

1 comment: