Thursday, March 29, 2012

LOVIN My Digital Studio!!!

Pin It


I am so excited! I wasn't planning on posting anything today but I just couldn't help myself. I somehow stumbled upon a site called Julie's Stampin Spot. She had a MDS hybrid card. Don't know what that is? Well... it's a card made in MDS, printed out, then embellished by you. The new Summer Smooches line has a Summer Smooches Digital Kit... which of course I got because I love the Summer Smooches. In it there is a template for a premade card. All you have to do is personalize it or just print it out as is.

So... after seeing Julie's card I decided to try it myself. It was easy enough. Just pulled it out... deleted the phrase and the cardstock it was on and I printed it out... at home on Whisper White card stock. I have to admit... the print was pretty good. I'm impressed.

So here's my card.....
Isn't it great! All I did was trim it up and slap it on some Pear Pizzaz CS and used Island Indigo as my card base. I cut a 1" strip of Daffodil delight and embossed the phrase "thanks" using white embossing powder. (wow... haven't had my embossing gun out for a while. I miss it). I added some bling just to dress it up. It was SUPER EASY and it looks great. I'm going to show it off at my workshop tonight. I May even let them try it just to see how easy it is. 
Now... imagine your scrapbook pages.....! I have played with the program a little but today I learned a lot. I cant wait to get back home tonight and play again. Stampin Up has it's own print services which are EXCELLENT! But as you can see... you can even print stuff out yourself or at your local print shop. I saw the other day someone was talking about a wide format personal printer. It prints up to like 13x14 or something crazy. I just know that it DOES print 12x12 pages. Can you imagine? So excited! 
Off to get packed for my class! See you tomorrow!

(The "thanks" came from a retired Stampin Up set called Much Appreciated.)

Try My Digital Studio for FREE for 30 days! Click below.



No comments:

Post a Comment